Tuesday, January 15, 2013

STARTING 2013 WITH A BANG (#1 LOCAL ARTIST 2012!)



BROTHA K, MIRAGE512 & RED

I was recently awarded The Best Local Artist Award by the legendary Austin Video show Magic Video. My song + video for Artistpreneur & Hold Me Down (Chin to The Clouds) were #1 & #4 respectfully. Even sweeter is the fact that i produced both of these songs and had a major hand in the direction of the videos for these songs. It was quite a gratifying experience I must say. Ive been making appearances and having my videos played on the show for years and it is a great thing to have them recognize and reward my work. While I never make my music for rewards (well cept the $ lol) it is always nice to be honored for the work I've put in for years around the city and the state. I've always appreciated the humility with which they operate. The shows main producer and director is Special K the hosts Brotha K & Red and the recent addition of the homie Heath. These folks always make me feel at home and always show love when I come through.



MIRAGE512 & BROTHA K

Its really a shame that more of the local artist in Austin dont use this valuable tool that can put them and their work in front of thousands of viewers who subscribe to Time Warner & Grande Cable as well as online @ (channelaustin.org)

Yeah I'll gloat to myself for a few days and on to 2013 accomplishments.

Magic Video airs from 1PM-2PM. Watch the show on channelaustin.org, streaming channel 10. Also on Austin, Tx TWC, channel 10.10.

If you're an artist with a video (clean) that you are trying to get shown in Austin or online email it or a link to it to

KSMAGICVIDEO@YAHOO.COM

FOLLOW MAGIC VIDEO ON TWITTER @MAGIC_VIDEO

No comments:

Post a Comment